Congratulations to Dr. Mohan Raizada and members of his research group, who have won several awards in September:
Council on Hypertension Scientific Session- 2016; September 14-17, Orlando, FL
- Colleen Jeffery: New Investigator Award, Paper on “Genetically Modified Probiotics for Oral 9 Delivery of Angiotensin-(1-7) Confers Protection Against Pulmonary Hypertension”.
- Colleen Jeffery and Mohan Raizada et. al.: News release by the AHA on their work on genetically modified probiotic for oral delivery of Ang-(1-7) for the treatment of pulmonary hypertension. Link to the news release: http://newsroom.heart.org/news/genetically-modified-probiotic-may-one-day-treat-pulmonary-hypertension?preview=37a8
- Yanfei Qi: American Foundation for Hypertension Research and Education (AFHRE) Travel Award, Paper on “Low Dose Minocycline Lowers BP and Improves Inflammatory Status in Patients with Treatment Resistant Hypertension”.
- Yanfei Qi: Best Poster Award, title “Hypertension Is Associated With Profound Pathological Changes In The Gut”.
- Seungbum Kim: Best Poster Award, title “Butyrate, a Microbial Metabolite, Attenuates Angiotensin II-induced Hypertension and Gut Dysbiosis”.
International Society of Hypertension, Hypertension Seoul 2016, September 24-29
- Mohan K Raizada: Invited Speaker, title “Neuro-immune communication in hypertension: a new therapeutic angle?
- Seungbum Kim: Travel Grant to present his paper “Microbial metabolite, butyrate attenuates angiotensin II-induced hypertension and dysbiosis”.
- Seungbum Kim: Best oral presentation – Basic Science award for his paper “Microbial metabolite, butyrate, attenuates angiotensin II-induced hypertension and dysbiosis”.